Taman Warisan Pertanian is an interactive plantation and orchard park where over 170 different crops are grown and agricultural demonstrations are held.
+603 8887 7772
Taman Warisan Pertanian, No. 7, Jalan P16, Presint 16, 62150 Putrajaya
Taman Warisan Pertanian (Agricultural Heritage Park) was established to highlight the development of Malaysia’s agricultural industry over the years.
Facilities and areas here include:
- Visitor’s Centre, which houses a gallery, café, fruit stalls, souvenir shops and buggy rental site;
- Nature and orchard trails, jogging tracks and observation towers;
- Fruit orchards for seasonal fruits (durian, longan, jambu madu; manggis), non-seasonal fruits (ciku, cempedak, nangka) and exotic fruits (buah rokam, mentega, nam-nam, kuini;
- Herbs and spices garden – Sambung Nyawa, Ganda Rusa, Mas Cotek, Tongkat Ali, Kemangi etc;
- Freshwater fish farming – Tilapia, Lampam, Rohu, Pacu etc;
- Commercial crops – coffee, pepper, paddy, oil palm, cocoa, tea etc; and
- Smallholders house – a replica of a traditional Malay house surrounded by a herb garden.
Being one of the largest exporters of rubber in the world, a dedicated Rubber Processing Demonstration Area educates visitors on the tapping of rubber trees, collection of latex and processing of latex into rubber sheets by using a smokehouse. Additionally, about a quarter of the park consists of rubber plantations.
During the last weekend of each month, the park hosts an agricultural products sale and bazaar known as Putrajaya Agro Warisan from 8.00am to 7.00pm at the parking lot.
Special fishing competitions, such as ones using traditional methods i.e. bamboo rods, are also held from time to time at the Kolam Taman Warisan Pertanian.
9.00am to 6.00pm daily.
|Le Meridien Putrajaya||Dorsett Putrajaya|
|Hilton Putrajaya Lakeside||Mariott Hotel Putrajaya|
How to get to Taman Warisan Pertanian/Agricultural Heritage Park
The Agricultural Heritage Park is located in Presint 16 of Putrajaya.