Five fast facts:
- With more than 6 million inhabitants, Selangor is Malaysia’s most populous state.
- It is home to the country’s largest airport and seaport, earning it the nickname “Gateway to Malaysia”.
- The state has a strategic location near the midpoint of the Straits of Malacca, one of world’s oldest and busiest shipping lanes.
- Selangor surrounds the federal territories of Kuala Lumpur and Putrajaya, both of which were previously part of the state.
- Home to many urban and natural attractions, Selangor is one of Malaysia’s premier tourist destinations.
From Hulu Selangor up north to Kuala Langat down south, there is always something or somewhere in Selangor to experience, explore and enjoy.
Whether you’re a nature lover, an adrenaline buff or a night owl, Selangor has a wide selection of leisure offerings within reach.
Discover Selangor’s many boutique hotels, tropical resorts, agro and eco destinations as well as serene homestays.