Five fast facts:
- With more than 6 million inhabitants, Selangor is Malaysia’s most populous state.
- It is home to the country’s largest airport and seaport, earning it the nickname ‘Gateway to Malaysia’.
- The state has a strategic location near the midpoint of the Straits of Malacca, a major shipping lane that is one of the world’s busiest.
- Selangor surrounds the federal territories of Kuala Lumpur and Putrajaya, both of which were previously part of the state.
- Home to many urban and natural attractions, Selangor is one of Malaysia’s premier tourist destinations.
Experience the firefly colonies of Kampung Kuantan by joining popular nighttime tours led by skilled local oarsmen.
Check out unique hotels in Selangor offering themed-rooms for a memorable experience.
Once the seat of ancient kings, the placid town of Jugra has several fascinating historic buildings. Today, Jugra is the paragliding capital of the state.
Attraction-filled Bukit Melawati is located in Kuala Selangor, a district known for its historical and nature attractions.
A good choice of luxury hotels can be found in Selangor, with some offering 5-star resort-style accommodation.
Regarded as Selangor’s most beautiful waterfall by many, the Chiling Waterfalls are located in northern Selangor.
From Hulu Selangor up north to Kuala Langat down south, there is always something or somewhere in Selangor to experience, explore and enjoy.
Whether you’re a nature lover, an adrenaline buff or a night owl, Selangor has a wide selection of leisure offerings within reach.
Discover Selangor’s many boutique hotels, tropical resorts, agro and eco destinations as well as serene homestays.
Agrotourism Animals Archery ATV Beaches Birdwatching Boating Buddhist Temples Camping Cycling Day Trips Ecotourism Fishing Free Galleries Go-kart Golf Hiking Hindu Temples Horse Riding Kite-flying Lakes Libraries Markets Mosques Museums Night Time Overnight Paintball Paragliding Parks RC Car Racing Rock Climbing Shopping Theme Parks Waterfalls