As the world’s largest pewter manufacturer and retailer, the Royal Selangor brand has for over a century been synonymous with high quality and craftsmanship in the Malaysian tradition of pewter making.
+603 4145 6122
Royal Selangor Visitor Centre
4, Jalan Usahawan 6
53300 Kuala Lumpur
Located about 20 minutes from central Kuala Lumpur, the Royal Selangor Visitor Centre provides visitors with an amazing insight into the art of pewter making and the country’s pewter industry.
The center is divided into several galleries and the main highlights include:
- The Workshop/Foundry – Use traditional tools to craft your own pewter and bring home your own masterpiece
- Live demos – Watch how pewter casting, polishing, assembling, crafting and engraving is done
- Museum exhibits – Tells the history of pewter and the story of the modern-day pewter industry in Malaysia
- The Comyns Archive – Contains over 35,000 artifacts from one of the oldest silversmiths from the United Kingdom, whose hallmark can be traced to 1645.
- Science Discovery Gallery – Learn about the properties and applications of pewter material.
- Giant Tankard – World’s largest pewter tankard.
- Petronas Twin Towers replica – Made of 7,000 individual tankards, museum exhibits and live demos on pewter crafting.
- Chamber of Chimes – Hear the different sounds produced by pewter chimes.
- Hall of Finishes – Touch and feel the different types of pewter textures
Admission into the Royal Selangor Visitor Centre is free. Parking spaces are available at no cost.
Open daily from 9.00am to 5.00pm, including public holidays.
How to get to Royal Selangor Visitor Centre
The Royal Selangor Visitor Centre is located in Setapak, Kuala Lumpur. The centre provides free shuttle service from 18 different hotels around Kuala Lumpur.
The centre is about 1.6km from the Wangsa Maju LRT station.
Travelers can take bus 250 or 253 from Jalan Ampang.