Paya Indah Wetlands is a 450-hectare sanctuary near Dengkil occupied by countless species of birds and animals including Nile hippos, crocodiles, tortoises, pelicans, porcupines and more.
Paya Indah Wetlands
Department of Wildlife and National Parks
KM 4, Jalan Dengkil-Banting
43800 Dengkil, Selangor
Paya Indah Wetlands is an ecotourism destination located near Dengkil in Kuala Langat.
Covering approximately 450 hectares, the wetlands are divided into a Conservation & Research Zone, Educational Zone and Recreational Zone.
This massive wetlands park consists of many lakes and ponds, including a hippopotamus pond, crocodile pond, ecology pond, water lily ponds and fishing ponds.
It is also a bird-watching haven, where over 210 species of residential and migratory birds have been recorded.
The park also provides accommodation in the form of chalets, hostels and camp sites. There are also traditional Malay showhouses, where cultural activities are often held.
Things To Do
Activities at the park include:
- Hippopotamus feeding at Kolam Hippo – 10.00am daily
- Crocodile feeding at Kolam Buaya – weekends and public holidays at 11.00am
- Pelican feeding at Kolam Lestari – 10.30 am daily
- Porcupine feeding at Laman Fauna- 11.30 am daily
- Jungle trekking at Recreational Zone
- Bird watching at Recreational Zone
- Observation tower (max. 10 people at any one time)
- Bamboo groves
- Picnic sites
- Cultural activities at Terengganu Malay House
- 4WD Night Safari – RM120/two hours
- Swamp trekking guided tour – RM120/4 hours
- Kayak and paddleboat rental at Tasik Teratai/Tasik Sendayan – RM7/30 minutes (9am – 12pm, 3pm – 6pm)
- Fish feeding at Kolam Ekologi (RM3 per packet of pallets)
- Fishing/angling at Tasik Typha – RM10/two hours, no live bait allowed
- Bicycle rental at Recreational Zone – RM5/two hours (adults), RM3/2 hours (children – tricycles)
- Bird watching guided tour – RM120/4 hours
- Biodiversity Education Program – 3 day 2 night stays for schools and colleges
- Nature trail guided tour (all 3 zones) – RM120/4 hours
- Photography guided tour – RM120/4 hours
|Monday – Sunday||7.30am – 7.00pm|
|Friday||7.30 am – 12.00 pm and 2.45 pm – 7.00 pm|
|Accommodation Booking||8.00am – 2.00pm (Weekdays), 8.00am – 5.00pm (Weekends)|
For visitors staying at the chalets, hostel or campsites, activities are provided from 7.30pm till 11.00pm.
Entry to the wetland park is free. Separate charges apply depending on selected activities.
|Air-conditioned chalets (double bed/twin sharing)||RM120.00/night|
|Air-conditioned hostels (sleeps 16 males and 16 females)||RM9/night per person|
|Camping||RM9/night per camp|
|Family Day site rental/Tapak Hari Keluarga||RM175.00/day|
How to get to Paya Indah Wetlands
Driving is the best way to get here. Paya Indah Wetlands is situated beside the ELITE highway. Dengkil is the nearest town (±9km away). The journey from Kuala Lumpur takes approximately 45 minutes.