i-City in Shah Alam is best known for its theme park, the City of Digital Lights and Central i-City, a connected regional shopping mall.
Jalan Multimedia 7/AJ,
i-City is a business hub by day and lifestyle haven by night, with commercial, residential and leisure components, including a regional shopping mall (Central i-City Shopping Centre), office towers and suites, hotels, apartments, residences (i-Soho) and an innovation center.
i-City is classified as a ‘Cybercentre’ according to MSC Malaysia, the country’s national Information & Communications Technology (ICT) initiative. As an ICT-based urban development, i-City is ‘open’ 24/7 as it is also an approved ‘technopreneur campus’, where cosmopolitan lifestyle outlets may operate on a 24-hour basis.
One of the main attractions in the area is the i-City Theme Park, which boasts five main themes:
- City of Digital Lights (free entry);
- FunWorld; and
- Itsy Bitsy (for children).
i-City Theme Park
i-City Theme Park’s signature attraction is the City of Digital Lights, where over one million, environment-friendly LED lights transform the park into a colourful wonderland in the evenings.
Another main attraction here is SnoWalk, a park with an Arctic environment and temperatures below 5°C.
Other fun-filled attractions for the family include:
• WaterWorld (outdoor theme park featuring a tornado ride)
• FunWorld (featuring a Trick Art Museum, the Red Carpet, an interactive wax museum and Space Mission @i-City, which offers a futuristic aerospace adventure)
City of Digital Lights (free): 6.00pm – 10.30pm daily (11.30pm on Saturdays)
Different opening hours apply for WaterWorld, Snowalk. Red Carpet & Trick Art Museum.
Entry to the City of Digital Lights is free.
Waterworld and other attractions at i-City operate based on a cashless system. You’ll have to get an i-Card that comes with i-Points (RM1 for each i-Point)
For more value, all-day packages are available and can be purchased here.
Note: All transactions performed online must be completed a minimum of two (2) days before the actual visit date. Online transactions for same day or next day visits are not available.
i-City is located ±1.5km from Laman Seni 7, Shah Alam’s very own art district.
It is also located 10-15 minutes’ drive from the following destinations:
- Taman Tasik Shah Alam (Shah Alam Lake Gardens)
- Kompleks Taman Seni Islam Antarabangsa (Islamic Arts Garden Complex)
- Blue Mosque Shah Alam (Masjid Sultan Salahuddin Abdul Aziz Shah)
- Taman Botani Negara (National Botanical Gardens)
- Perpustakaan Raja Tun Uda(Raja Tun Uda Library)
- Muzium Sultan Alam Shah (Sultan Alam Shah Museum)
||Best Western i-City Hotel
|Laman Green Boutique Hotel
How to get to i-City Shah Alam
Hop aboard the KTM Komuter train from Kuala Lumpur to Padang Jawa station. Thereafter, get a taxi for the short ride (±3.8km) to i-City Shah Alam.
Board RapidKL bus number 750 (previously U80) from Pasar Seni in central Kuala Lumpur towards UiTM Shah Alam.