Get some work done or escape into the pages of a good book at the lakeside Raja Tun Uda Library in Shah Alam.
Perpustakaan Raja Tun Uda,
Jalan Kelab Golf 13/6, Seksyen 13,
40100 Shah Alam,
Perpustakaan Raja Tun Uda, or Raja Tun Uda Library, is a modern, 6-floor library overlooking a park and lake.
Besides the great views, the well-equipped library has good facilities including spacious and comfortable workstations, a cafeteria and a popular children’s zone.
The park behind the library surrounds a lake and is lined with trees and plants labelled with informational plaques, making a stroll here quite interesting.
Facilities at Perpustakaan Raja Tun Uda include state-of-the-art technology and digital equipment, sections for different age groups as well as:
- 3D theatre and multi-sensory 6D theatre
- Gymnasium with shower and changing rooms
- Open-air cafeteria with views of the lake and Blue Mosque
- XBox Kinnect and HTC Valve (Virtual Reality)
- On-Location Reporter: hone your speaking skills – see/hear what you look/sound like on TV
- Windows and Mac computers, scanning and printing services
- Creative Zone for children with interactive games and the popular Reading Tree area
- Themed floors, including ‘Outer Space’, ‘Earth’, ‘Ocean’ and ‘Humans’
- iStep interactive games using sensor technology
- Comfortable and cosy reading areas and activity rooms
|Day||Opening hours||Book counter|
|Monday||10.00 am – 7.00 pm||12.00 pm|
|Tuesday – Friday||9.30 am – 7.00 pm||9.30 am|
|Saturday, Sunday||9.30 am – 9.00 pm (7.00pm for Creative Zone/Children’s Department)||9.30 am|
Closed on public holidays.
Membership is free for all Malaysians.
Separate charges apply for:
|Gymnasium:||Walk-in (RM5.00 for 3 hours), Member (RM25.00 one-time registration fee), thereafter RM50.00 monthly. Personal Trainer: RM35.00/hour|
|Virtual Reality||RM10.00 per pax (10 minutes). First session: 10.30am. Second session: 2.30pm (not available on public holidays)|
|3D Theater||RM7.00 per pax. First session: 10.30am. Second session: 2.30pm (not available on public holidays)|
|6D Theater||RM10.00 per pax. (not available on public holidays)|
|Electrical socket (for charging devices)||RM1.00 per day|
|Printing||Black/white – RM 0.20/page, Coloured (half page) – RM 0.50/page, Coloured (full page) – RM 1.00/page|
|Scanner||RM 0.10/page (Maximum 20 pages)|
The library is located within 10-15 minutes’ drive from the following destinations:
- Shah Alam Lake Gardens
- i-City Shah Alam – Malaysia’s first LED lightscape destination
- Laman Seni 7 (art district)
- Blue Mosque – one of Southeast Asia’s largest
- Kompleks Taman Seni Islam Antarabangsa (International Islamic Arts Garden Complex)
- Taman Botani Negara Shah Alam (National Botanical Garden)
- Muzium Sultan Alam Shah – housed in a Minangkabau-styled building
|i-Soho@i-City||Best Western i-City Hotel|
|Laman Green Boutique Hotel||Concorde Hotel|
How to get to Perpustakaan Raja Tun Uda
The best way to get here is by driving. The Raja Tun Uda Library is accessible via four (4) main highways – NKVE, KESAS, Federal and GUTHRIE. The taxi fare is ±RM30 from Kuala Lumpur and ±RM20 from Klang.
Hop aboard the KTM Komuter train from Kuala Lumpur to Batu Tiga Station. Thereafter, get a taxi for the ride (±7km) to the library.